April is Alcohol Awareness Month
April’s designation as Alcohol Awareness Month is the perfect time for The Foundation for Advancing Alcohol Responsibility to share our commitment to responsibility – but we need your help. “Join the Conversation” is our theme for April. Join us to ignite one million conversations. Join us to fight drunk driving, underage drinking, and binge drinking. Join us and start a conversation about alcohol this April: parents and kids, college students and administrators, responsible adults, law enforcement and elected officials, and so on. Join us to save lives and keep our kids alcohol-free.
We invite you to visit our Alcohol Awareness Month campaign page. It is very simple to get involved – just cut and paste one of our suggested Tweets or Facebook posts and share it with your followers and friends. If you write your own, please use the #JoinTheConvo hashtag. If you choose to blog instead, a draft one for Alcohol Awareness Month is below. Your voice can make a difference!
- Take 30 seconds to remind your Twitter followers to #JoinTheConvo and have a conversation with their teen about underage drinking. Visit www.asklistenlearn.com for tips!
- Take 1 minute to remind your Facebook friends to visit www.b4udrink.org before they go out.
- Take 2 minutes to make sure your spouse, loved ones, employees, and those you care about are not drunk driving.
- Take 3 minutes to watch Dr. Wolf talk about ways to have an effective conversation with your teens.
- And then take 5-7 minutes (or more) to talk with your own teens or college students about underage drinking.
Take a look at our #JoinTheConvo Infographic. Watch some of our nation’s State Attorneys General and Clinical Psychologist and Best-selling author Dr. Anthony Wolf discuss how parents should talk to their kids about underage drinking. Watch a short video about The Foundation for Advancing Alcohol Responsibility’s Alcohol Awareness Efforts. Watch Ask Listen Learn Superstar Aly Raisman give advice to young teens about saying ‘no’ to underage drinking. And keep your eyes peeled for a new video for college students featuring Shaquille O’Neal and Godfrey the Comedian. Stay with us throughout April – we’ll have new information rolling out daily!