College students spending spring break responsibly
Media coverage has tended to shine a negative light on students celebrating Spring Break. This has created a perception regarding what students do during spring break that does not reflect reality.
This year, students across the country are volunteering or participating in alternative spring break programs, visiting or traveling with family and friends, and many are working over spring break or catching up on schoolwork. Click below to check out the more than 1,000 submissions so far from students who #leadthebreak!
There's still time to enter the contest!
- Take a picture of yourself having a productive and valuable spring break.
- Post the photo to Instagram using the hashtag #LeadtheBreak and hashtagging the name of your University.
- Get entered for a chance to win a cool prize plus a donation to your local BACCHUS chapter
Students who participate in the contest will be signed up for a chance to win several prizes:
- 1st place winner receives a Macbook Air, and a $1000 donation to their local BACCHUS Chapter*
- First Runner up receives an iPad, and a $500 donation to their local BACCHUS Chapter*
- Second Runner Up receives an iPad mini. And a $250 donation to their Local BACCHUS Chapter*
*If winning students’ universities do not have a local BACCHUS Chapter, the donation will serve to start a peer educator program on that campus.