Join the #LATISM #EndImpairedDriving Twitter Chat on April 21 at 9 pm EST!
Responsible driving saves lives. What you do when you get behind the wheel impacts your safety, those you love and the community at large. Let’s help our community to drive safely and with no regrets.
Unfortunately, impaired driving is more common than you think. Impaired driving is caused when you drive drunk, distracted, drowsy, and/or drugged. Impaired driving related car crashes are a leading cause of death in the Latino community. Just in 2013, there were 2,148 Hispanic drivers killed in motor vehicle crashes. In fact, more than 1 in 3 Hispanic driver fatalities involve a drunk driver.
There is likely an education and awareness gap on how to avoid impaired driving because Hispanics tend to have responsible driving attitudes and beliefs. For example, close to 82% perceive that driving after drinking alcohol is a serious personal safety threat.
Please help us to close the education and awareness gap around impaired driving.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY!
Join us, and Responsibility.org, a national not-for-profit, for an important conversation to end impaired driving. Responsibility.org has a history of creating culturally inclusive campaigns to reach diverse communities including Hispanics on preventing drunk driving. We are excited to be part of the launch of their Spanish language PSA campaign to reach even more Latinos. Please watch and share the Responbility.org PSAs below:
Watch the English Language Version Here: http://go-faar.org/1SOt9rV
Watch the Spanish-Language Version Here: http://go-faar.org/20RjFjR
JOIN US TO END IMPAIRED DRIVING!
You are invited to join us on Twitter to get the conversation started and spread this important message.
Here’s the chat info:
When: Thursday, April 21 at 9 pm EST
How: Use the following hashtags to follow the conversation.
Guests: @goFAAR and @JeannetteKaplun
Organizations supporting the campaign:
- Hispanic Heritage Foundation
- Las Comadres Para Las Americas
- Latinos in Tech Innovation & Social Media
- League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC)
- National Association of Hispanic Nurses
- National Puerto Rican Coalition
- Salud Today
- United States Hispanic Leadership Institute
Influencers joining the campaign:
- Anjelica Alanis, @CraftyThrifter
- Brenda Cisneros, @MejoramiHogar
- Dania Santana, @LaFamiliaCool
- Denisse Icaza, @DenisseIcaza
- Diana Rodriguez,@ComprasyHogar
- Eliana Tardío, @ElianaTardio
- Juan Alanis, @JuanofWords
- Lorraine Ladish, @LorrainecLadish
- Linda Ponder, @Ponderela
- Myrah Duque, @ CouponMamacita
- Paula Bendfeldt-Diaz, @paulabendfeldt
- Reina Rivera, @SoyMamaenCasa
- Romina Tibytt, @MamaXXI
Don’t miss this important conversation for you and your loved ones! We will be sharing resources and information to help you start the conversation with others, including kids and teens, about underage drinking, and impaired driving (drunk, drugged, distracted, and/or drowsy).
Let’s drive safely and with no regrets! Help us #EndImpairedDriving!