Foundation for Advancing Alcohol Responsibility Recognizes 13 Traffic Safety Leaders with its Third Annual Kevin Quinlan Traffic Safety Awards
WASHINGTON, DC–Today, the Foundation for Advancing Alcohol Responsibility (Responsibility.org), a national not-for-profit organization funded by distillers that leads the fight against drunk driving and underage drinking, recognized 13 traffic safety leaders with its third annual Kevin Quinlan Traffic Safety Awards:
- Douglas B. Marlowe, J.D., Ph.D, Chief of Science, Policy & Law for the National Association of Drug Court Professionals
- Kurt Erickson, President of the Washington Regional Alcohol Program (WRAP)
- Pam Fischer, Principal of Pam Fischer Consulting
- Judge Karl Grube, Senior Judge in Florida and Judicial Outreach Liason
- Rachel Hall, Legislative Assistant to Congresswoman Wasserman Schultz (D-FL)
- Mark Henson, Chief of Staff to Congressman Jim Himes (D-CT)
- Liz Johnson, Press Secretary to Senator Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
- Melissa Kelly, Communications Director to Congressman Pete Olson (R-TX)
- Tom Kimball, Traffic Safety Resource Prosecutor for the State of Tennessee
- Robert Maccarone, Deputy Commissioner of the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services
- Danielle Roeber, Attorney for the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
- Sandy Spavone, Executive Director of Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA)
- Helena Zyblikewycz, Professional Staff Member for the House Subcommittee on Highways and Transit
The Kevin Quinlan Traffic Safety Awards are given annually by Responsibility.org to the members of the traffic safety community and Congressional staff who demonstrate leadership and excellence in advancing the cause of saving lives and preventing injuries on our roadways.
“These individuals and organizations have been great partners of ours in the fight against drunk driving and underage drinking,” said Ralph Blackman, President and CEO of the Foundation for Advancing Alcohol Responsibility. “We’re proud to remember Kevin Quinlan with these Traffic Safety Awards and know our awardees will continue to make an impact in the years to come. There is no doubt that their efforts have saved and changed countless lives for the better.”
About Kevin Quinlan
Kevin E. Quinlan was the Chief of the Safety Advocacy Division of the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB). Mr. Quinlan was with the NTSB for nearly 20 years, serving as the Alcohol and Drug Program Coordinator and Chief of the Safety Recommendations Division. He was instrumental in promoting State action on NTSB recommendations to reduce fatalities, injuries, and crashes in all modes of transportation. Mr. Quinlan authored five major studies for the NTSB. Kevin was also a mentor to countless traffic safety advocates and an inspiration to the thousands of people who lost loved ones to the preventable crime of drunk driving. His expert testimony led to the passage of many effective traffic safety countermeasures across this nation.
About the Foundation for Advancing Alcohol Responsibility
Formerly known as The Century Council, the Foundation for Advancing Alcohol Responsibility (Responsibility.org) is a national not-for-profit that leads the fight to eliminate drunk driving and underage drinking and is funded by the following distillers: Bacardi U.S.A., Inc.; Beam Suntory; Brown-Forman; Constellation Brands, Inc.; DIAGEO; Hood River Distillers, Inc.; and Pernod Ricard USA. For more than 23 years, Responsibility.org has transformed countless lives through programs that bring individuals, families and communities together to guide a lifetime of conversations around alcohol responsibility and offering proven strategies to stop impaired driving. To learn more, please visit us at www.www.responsibility.org.