The Foundation for Advancing Alcohol Responsibility wraps up Global Youth Traffic Safety Month
On this last day of Global Youth Traffic Safety MonthTM (GYTSM), The Foundation for Advancing Alcohol Responsibility is proud to have launched the IKnowEverything program nationwide! It was a busy month and we especially want to thank our national program partners, the International Association of Chiefs of Police Foundation, the National Organizations for Youth Safety (NOYS), and the National Sheriffs’ Association for their help in getting the word out on the national stage.
Here are the highlights of our activities in May:
- We distributed our program materials to Members of Congress and key staff, Governors, Attorneys General, Governors Highway Safety Representatives, NHTSA Judicial Outreach Liaisons, Traffic Safety Resource Prosecutors, law enforcement, and juvenile judges in time for the launch of GYTSM on May 1.
- Social Media:
- We launched our twitter handle, @IKnowEverything, and already have 850 followers!
- Find us on Facebook. We have 393 likes!
- See us on Pinterest, too!
- Website: www.iknoweverything.com.
- We participated in GYTSM launch rally and Long Short Walk with NOYS on May 8 in D.C.: https://www.responsibility.org/blog/2013/join-us-taking-long-short-walk
- We exhibited at the National Transportation Safety Board teen driver safety open house after the NOYS rally on May 8
- Throughout the month, we featured guest blogs from NOYS, the National Sheriffs’ Association, the International Association of Chiefs of Police Foundation, DCH Auto Group, teen leader Elizabeth Ryan and Joe Toole, former Associate Administrator for Safety at the Federal Highway Administration and Senior Technical Advisor for NOYS. We also heard from a parent of teen drivers, judges, as well as informed you on the kinds teen driver safety initiatives you may find in your community.
- We released our PSAs with State Attorneys General: http://www.youtube.com/centurycouncil with about 400,000 views so far! Eleven State Attorneys General featured the IKnowEverything program on their websites or facebook pages during May.
- We created an infographic and suggested social media, including tweets, facebook and pinterest posts, throughout the entire month of May!
Also, we were featured in the National Sheriffs’ Association’s May/June issue of Sheriff Magazine that is distributed to all of the sheriffs’ associations throughout the country.
Finally, we were proud to be included as part of a report from GHSA released on May 2, Promoting Parent Involvement in Teen Driving: An In-Depth Look at the Importance and the Initiatives. You can find the report here, http://www.ghsa.org/html/publications/teens/sfteens13.html, and find us on page 60!
We would like to feature the work you’re doing and what you know about teen driver safety on our blog and to include your initiatives as a resource on our website! Please contact Jaime Alvis, Director of Government Relations & Traffic Safety, let us know if you’re interested in being featured along with your colleagues.
Stay tuned on our website and through social media to keep up with our program! And if you haven’t already, please “Follow’ us on Twitter and ‘Like’ us on Facebook!